Linux Outlaws 98 - It's Business Time
This time on a very special Linux Outlaws, Dan and Fab are actually in one room together and besides being silly and having a lot of fun talk about shitty beer, Moblin, German Internet censorship, Opera Unite, Valve possibly releasing native Linux games, Nvidia prefering Windows CE to Android and much, much more.
0:05:01 | Introduction
- This weeks live show was brought to you courtesy of Ana’s emotional blackmail, we’ll do anything for her!
- Beers of the Week: König Pilsener & Ottakringer 16er Blech
0:07:21 | Releases & News
- SystemRescueCd 1.2.1
- BlankOn 5.0
- Parted Magic 4.2
- Webconverger 4.9
- Macpup Opera
- GeeXboX 1.2.2
- Ultimate Edition 2.2
- iMagic OS 2009.6
- Security Onion LiveCD 20090613
- Wireshark 1.2.0
- VirtualBox 3.0 beta brings gaming features, no DirectX 10
- Preview: Browsing SFTP with Thunar
- German Internet now censored, presumption of innocence and separation of powers go down the drain
- Canonical wanted to shut down Ubuntu Satanic Store, but Jono cleared it up
- Opera hoping to reinvent the web by making their browser a server
- Valve to launch native Linux game in July?
0:27:48 | Microwatch
- Nvidia says Windows CE is better for smartbooks than Android — WTF!?
- SCO signs deal to avoid liquidation right before hearing
0:32:58 | Review
0:43:29 | Feedback
- Donations: Thanks to The Great Roth<br/><br/>
- Daz Fuller is using OpenDNS to set up a shortcut for the forums, for which he just types “http://outlaws” — but Chromium broke this for him in a very funny way:
- bgryderclock wrote to tell us he had a great time at SELF
- James Stephenson sent us a correction to last show’s Pirate Bay story
- Keith Game sent us a story about a Microsoft tech recommending Knoppix to fix Windows problems
- Patrick Craenen wrote to us with another RIAA story
- More emails this week from Oliver Ryde, Morgen Allen, Nido, Dan Dart, David Purse, Kie, Brian Hunt aka. zaphodbblx, Bob Kovacs, ZacharyJuda, Les Pounder (sent us a story about open source cars), Timothy LaFontaine, Scott, David Lidstone, Reine, Teis Dreijer, gavigai, Mickey Million, MC, 6r00k14n, Mark Adams, Matt P. and Matthew Copperwaite aka. yaMatt<br/><br/>
- Check out the new Linux Outlaws Planet, no that’s not Planet Outlaws
The theme music for this podcast is a song called “Sudo Modprobe”, it was written by Fab and produced and performed by Dan and Fab. The artwork for the album cover and the site including the Outlaw Tux was created by Fab. All material in this podcast is released under the Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0 license, except the music at the end of the show which is always licensed under the Creative Commons license specified by the artist under the provided link.