Linux Outlaws 59 - Big, Honkin' IDE...
The Outlaws are back with a jam-packed show full of releases, news and a lot of waffling. Also stay tuned for the second half of the content to be released as another show later this week…
0:01:11 Rambling Introduction
- We are back with two shows for the price of one!
- Big thanks to everyone who donated, if you want to be mentioned on the show, send us an email
- Visit Ontario Linux Fest on Saturday, October 25 if you can!
- Also, the Linux Expo in London is on this week
- Dan tells us why Canada doesn’t like him
- Thanks to Thomas Perl and the gPodder team for promoting us, also thanks to Peter Cannon for the tip off
- Fab talks briefly about the “Sockstress” vulnerability and recommends Security Now Episode 164 which deals with this topic
- We also sympathise with our Australian listeners, it sucks having a stupid government
- Beer of the Week: Tyskie
- VectorLinux 5.9 “Live”
- Puppy Linux 4.1
- Bluewhite64 Linux 12.1R1 “LiveDVD”
- ALT Linux 4.1 “Desktop”
- EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0.21
- gPodder 0.13.0
- Mandriva Linux 2009
- Momonga Linux 5
- CDlinux 0.6.2
- Absolute Linux 12.1.08
- NetBSD 4.0.1
- XO Software 8.2.0
- BSDanywhere 4.3
- Mono 2.0
- OpenOffice.org 3.0
- Python 2.6
- Flock 2.0
- Linux distros relations chief Barton George leaves Sun
- Debian postpones Lenny, but not till June 2009 says Steve McIntyre
- MySQL co-founder David Axmark also leaves Sun
- Wikipedia moves to Ubuntu servers
- Guy names his kid “Linux”
- Netbook returns blamed on Linux
- Mozilla launches audio/video initiative, Firefox to include native Ogg support
- Dell is advertising Ubuntu in newspapers & Inspiron Mini 12 rumours
- Andoid kill switch outed
- M$ cloud OS to be called “Windows Strata”, next Windows to be called “Windows 7” — surprise!
- Ballmer admits that Vista is crap, XP will be offered for six more months
- Microsoft CodePlex not so open after all — who’d have thought!?
- Redmond is courting open source developers, developers, developers for Silverlight 2.0
- Worst ad EVER:
- Le Fail: Apple doesn’t speak French that well
Please leave any comments on this episode in the forums.
If you are so inclined, you can also check out Dann’s arse here:
The theme music for this podcast is a song called “Sudo Modprobe”, it was written by Fab and produced and performed by Dan and Fab. The artwork for the album cover and the site including the Outlaw Tux was created by Fab. All material in this podcast is released under the Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0 license.