Linux Outlaws 210 - I Pray to Cthulhu
John Perry Barlow defends the free net at e-G8, Linux 3.0, open bootloaders from HTC, Microsoft earns more money from Android than from Windows Phone and Carl Manneh tells us about Mojang’s plan to take over the world with Minecraft on Android.
- Dan will be away next Monday (June 6) for the Red Hat Partner Summit which means there won’t be a live show on that evening
- We’ve released Pony Express 1.0 and launched it into the Android Market
- The new Sixgun Productions site
- There are still tickets left for OggCamp
- Microsoft is a horrible company to work at
- Beer of the Week: Witkap Pater Dubbel — again, thanks to Sven!
0:16:10 Releases and News
- Fedora 15
- Linux Mint 11
- Trisquel GNU/Linux 4.5.1
- Grml 2011.05
- John Perry Barlow comes out guns blazing at e-G8
- Linux 3.0
- Open bootloaders from HTC
- Document Foundation appeals to Open Office to join forces
- Appeal to Red Hat on CentOS
- Nat Friedman joins Xamarin
- Microsoft earns more money from Android than from Windows Phone
- Microsoft kills Asterisk’s Skype integration
- New Mac scareware variant installs without password, Apple acknowledges the problem, promises software update
- Thanks to Evgeny Kuznetsov, Benjamin Darby, Osama Alassiry and everyone who flattr’ed us for supporting the show!
- Jesus Alvarez gives us more information about the Linux kernel in a browser example we talked about on an earlier show; he also thinks there is bug free code — we still disagree on that one
- Jeff G. is a regular listener who writes in about the Skype/Asterisk story, he also has some work experience in that area
- Noble “It’s my real name” Baker sends us this story about letters people mistakenly sent to Opera that they meant to send to Oprah
- Allison Chaiken sents us this amazing picture of Jezra wearing his Qt towel as a cape at Meego Conf
- Jeremy Pope told us about the open bootloaders from HTC
- Ben Morse says our Episode 200 was really helpful and inspiring to him, leading to the creation of his own show: the Port Forward Podcast
- Brian Norh says he really likes the “commandline mode” on Ubuntu’s alternate installer image
Other emails: Armin Krauss, Gerd Folberth, koeart, Scott Lavender, diablomarcus, x1101, Fredrik Lindqvist and Patrick Dailey.