Linux Outlaws 153 - Tinfoil Wallpaper Millionaire
This week on Linux Outlaws: Google and OSI fighting over WebM, FSF enforces GPL in the iTunes Store, Poettering now aiming at the init system, Microsoft sponsoring LinuxTag, Pac-Man madness and much more…
Linux Outlaws is brought to you by Sixgun Productions.
- Russian advice: Nuke the oil spill, that’ll fix it!
- RIP Dennis Hopper
- Fab rants on Oracle brand placement in Iron Man 2
- Quit Facebook Day
- Check out Flattr
- Beer of the Week: Duvel
0:17:36 Releases & News
- Slackware Linux 13.1
- Clonezilla Live 1.2.5-17
- MeeGo 1.0, Banshee is the default media player
- Maemo 5/PR1.2
- Endian Firewall 2.4
- Peppermint OS One-05222010
- Zenwalk Linux 6.4
- KOffice 2.2
- heybuddy by Jezra
- Google keeping WiFi data from German, Hong Kong governments
- Phoronix: “The Huge Disaster Within The Linux 2.6.35 Kernel”
- Nero AG files antitrust case against MPEG-LA in the US
- Google and OSI at odds about WebM, more from The Register
- GCC begins move to C++
- FSF on GPL enforcement in Apple’s iTunes Store
- After Linux audio, Poettering now out to destroy the init system?
- Microsoft is sponsoring LinuxTag (German), proof on the LinuxTag sponsor page
- Redmond fires entertainment & devices executives
- Newton, a physics game for Android
- Donations: Thanks to Stewart Danziger and Scott Lavender!
- Forums: Google’s playable Pac-Man
- Chris Gilbert sent us an email about his new company Marvin Computers
- Joe Ressington offered to help out with editing work for the show
- Valent Turkovic writes from from Croatia to tell us about his new Fedora Remix
- Gokce Mehmet AY writes us about having fun at the gym with Linux Outlaws
- Other emails this week from Jim Nygård, Michael Dexter, Robin Catling, Aitor Pazos, Scott Lavender, Kristopher Schwab, Douglas Radcliffe, Neall McLaren and Andrew
- Fab mentioned this blog post on joining the Fedora community
The theme music for this podcast is a song called “Sudo Modprobe”, it was written by Fab and produced and performed by Dan and Fab. The artwork for the album cover and the site including the Outlaw Tux was created by Fab. All material in this podcast is released under the Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0 license, except the music at the end of the show which is always licensed under the Creative Commons license specified by the artist under the provided link.