Linux Outlaws 140 - So Say We All
This week on Linux Outlaws: Ubuntu redesign, Novell for sale?, US eases sanctions, Chris DiBona on Android and the kernel, Fab smokes a pipe and much more…
Linux Outlaws is brought to you by Sixgun Productions.
0:01:11 | Introduction
- Errata: Trier is in the south-west of Germany and Fab is an idiot
- MeeGo repository going public later this month, coming to the N900
- Check out Pet Status, microblogging for pets
- Follow Dr. Bunsen (the Crunchbang build bot) on identi.ca
- Gowalla 1.0 out and in the Market
- The Fedora 13 release slogan will be “Rock It”
- Portal 2!!!
- Beer of the Week: Gauloise Brune
0:11:53 | Releases & News
- Distro: Tiny Core Linux 2.9
- Distro: Elive 2.0
- Distro: NuTyX 2009.3
- Distro: Frugalware Linux 1.2
- StatusNet 0.9.0
- OpenSSH 5.4
- Apache 2.2.15
- Mercurial 1.5
- Linus Torvalds’ talk on git at Google
- Ubuntu Rebranding — Richard Querin on the issue
- Novell up for grabs?
- US eases sanctions on the web
- OMB becomes OStatus
- Linux Nvidia drivers might have GPU fan speed issue
- Chris DiBona says Google wants to cooperate upstream for Android kernel
- Linus calls out Noveau devs for breaking userspace with their latest updates
0:53:36 | Spotlight
- pino, a very cool and slimline microblogging client (Ubuntu, Fedora and Arch packages on the site)
0:59:31 | Feedback
- Donations: Thanks to Ryan Kohler and George De Bruin for their donations!
- Forums: OggCamp… what’s it all about?
- lostnbronx send us disturbing news about Microsoft designing the new electronic ID card system for Germany
- Tim says it’s ironic that Apple is banning sex from the app store when many of their users clearly have a boner for Apple gear
- Jacob Feltman asks if we’ve tried tiling window managers and if so which ones we recommend
- Bill Hixon sends us information about Global Mojo
- We had other emails this week from Philip-III, Jo Klaps, Joona Lehtomäki, Steve Romanow, Manu Chandrasekhar, David McInnis, Pelesz, Ian Pickworth, Bradley M. Alexander and Tim Teatro
- Events: Get your Rathole Roadshow gig tickets for April 30! / March 31 is Document Freedom Day / Libre Planet 2010 is March 19 - 21
The theme music for this podcast is a song called “Sudo Modprobe”, it was written by Fab and produced and performed by Dan and Fab. The artwork for the album cover and the site including the Outlaw Tux was created by Fab. All material in this podcast is released under the Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0 license, except the music at the end of the show which is always licensed under the Creative Commons license specified by the artist under the provided link.