Linux Outlaws 139 - The Facegroup Twisness Model
This week on Linux Outlaws: Amazon signs a patent deal with Microsoft, German data retention law unconstitutional, Microsoft can’t code, the Task Pooper and much more…
Linux Outlaws is brought to you by Sixgun Productions.
0:01:22 | Introduction
- Congratulations to Canada on winning olympic gold in hockey!
- You can now file bugs against Linux Outlaws on Launchpad
- PSN dies because of leap year bug — FAIL!
- Check out the Full Circle Podcast — Popey likes ‘em
- Security: Vulnerabilities in sudo patched
- Come to OggCamp 10!
- Beer of the Week: Faxe 1l can
0:14:04 | Releases & News
- Kernel 2.6.33
- Distro: SystemRescueCd 1.4.0
- Distro: Linux From Scratch 6.6
- We also talked about remote subscriptions with StatusNet
- Distro: Archbang
- BSD: PC-BSD 8.0
- Sylpheed 3.0
- Gnome Shell 2.29.0
- Darcs 2.4
- Good news from Germany: data retention law is against the constitution
- BBC changes iPlayer, breaks free software implementations
- StatusNet launches enterprise support
- Linux finally breaks even for Novell
- Facebook patents “the feed” — huh!?
- WTF!? “Task Pooper” could revolutionize GNOME desktop — or not…
0:49:40 | Microwatch
- Amazon signs patent deal with Microsoft over Linux and breaks Fab’s heart…
- Microsoft takes down whistleblower site
- Microsoft randomness FAIL in browser ballot
- Apple sues HTC — are they going after Android?
1:04:09 | Spotlight
1:08:31 | Feedback
- Donations: Thanks to Paul Corbett, Andre Hugo and Mark Gardner
- Forums: Taking photos at OggCamp
- Bernd Schlapsi sends an email about his experience with buying music from 7digital in Austria
- Alison Chaiken sends us this great Nerdcore song: kill -9
- Julian Aloofi sends us a link about Oracle allegedly scrapping support for free versions of Solaris
- Ezequiel Bruni is a missionary in Mexico and is trying to get his fellow Christian missionaries to use Linux
- Karlis (aka. skazhy) says Fedora is restricted by US sanctions too which sucks
- Patrick Archibald has set up oggcasts.com which aggregates Ogg feeds and show related business via identi.ca
- Other emails this week from Rob Munro, Mac, B1ackcr0w, Bing, Raphael Ong, Cult, DarthSydwayZ, Tony Ciak, Adam Meltzer, Mathew Stahl, Jason Bowles, Ravel Lopez, Dylan Thiedeke (who pisses in out pockets again… we’d only just dried them out), Sergei Van Hardeveld, Joe Ressington, Reine and Paul Adams
- Event: muscaLUG meeting at the Musser Public Library on March 20
The theme music for this podcast is a song called “Sudo Modprobe”, it was written by Fab and produced and performed by Dan and Fab. The artwork for the album cover and the site including the Outlaw Tux was created by Fab. All material in this podcast is released under the Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0 license, except the music at the end of the show which is always licensed under the Creative Commons license specified by the artist under the provided link.