Linux Outlaws 114 - LinuxCon 2009 Special
In another special episode, we bring you Dan’s interviews from LinuxCon with James Bottomley (SCSI subsystem maintainer), Allison Randal & Chromatic (Parrot), Jeremy Allison (Samba) and Greg Kroah-Hartman (staging tree maintainer) as well as a Mac rant from Fab.
0:00:56 | Introduction
- We finally play the audio feedback from Danny Vose and reply to it, after which a whole discussion about Macs and MacOS X ensues
- Fab talks about Bethesda’s Fallout 3 DLC debacle on the PS3
0:32:11 | Interviews
- 0:32:11 | James Bottomley, Linux kernel developer and SCSI subsystem maintainer — he now works at Novell
- 0:40:23 | Allison Randal and Chromatic (real name unknown) from the Parrot virtual machine project
- 0:49:35 | Jeremy Allison, co-creator of the Samba file server — now working at Google
- 1:09:49 | Greg Kroah-Hartman, creator of the Linux Driver Project and maintainer of the kernel staging tree (aka. The Maintainer of Crap) — he also works for Novell
- Get older episodes from the Outlaw Archives
The theme music for this podcast is a song called “Sudo Modprobe”, it was written by Fab and produced and performed by Dan and Fab. The artwork for the album cover and the site including the Outlaw Tux was created by Fab. All material in this podcast is released under the Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0 license, except the music at the end of the show which is always licensed under the Creative Commons license specified by the artist under the provided link.