Linux Outlaws 106 - EuroPython Special
On this week’s special show, Dan and Fab bring you a handful of interviews from Dan’s visit to the EuroPython conference: Steve Holden, Laura Creighton, Bruce Eckel and Michael Foord. We also included the interview Moritz Schmidt-Degenhard from TuxTux did with us.
0:00:53 | Introduction
- We explain that the interviews are from the EuroPython 2009 conference and that we also tacked on the interview that Moritz Schmidt-Degenhard (@zahnersatz) from the Tuxtux Podcast did with us at Linux Tag
- Special thanks to John Pinner from The Linux Emporium
0:05:32 | Interviews
- 0:05:39 Steve Holden, Chairman of the Python Software Foundation talks about the Foundation and what else he does in the open source world
- 0:13:50 Laura Creighton from Open End talks about the EuroPython conference and also PyPy
- 0:36:12 Bruce Eckel talks about writing technical books, writing them collaboratively and making books available for free on the web
- 0:55:18 Michael Foord from Resolver Systems talks about IronPython and what he does with it at his work (including Ironclad) — also check out his book IronPython in Action
- 1:09:10 Moritz Schmidt-Degenhard interviews us about Linux Outlaws — this was original published as a Tuxtux Podcast special episode
Stay tuned for another regular Linux Outlaws episode next week.
The theme music for this podcast is a song called “Sudo Modprobe”, it was written by Fab and produced and performed by Dan and Fab. The artwork for the album cover and the site including the Outlaw Tux was created by Fab. All material in this podcast is released under the Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0 license, except the music at the end of the show which is always licensed under the Creative Commons license specified by the artist under the provided link.