Linux Outlaws 100 - Outlaws on the Autobahn
In this very special show Dan, Fab and producer Katy are driving down the A2 headed for Berlin, talking about all kinds of non-Linux related stuff.
- Recording Linux podcasts in a car was pioneered by Dave Yates of the Lotta Linux Links Podcast and refined by Chad Wollenberg of Linux Basement, this show is sort-of our homage to both of them
- Special intro by the great Jonathan Kulp
- Special thanks to producer Katy for assisting us and having the patience to let us waffle for over an hour on our drive down the A2
- Don Henry: What is a good size for a snack cake? What is the sound of one Linux Outlaw clapping? If you could be any major appliance which one would you be and why (anything bigger than a can opener)?
- John Hunt: What are your all time favourite films?
- Alistair Munro: If you could become a character in a film, which would you chose and why?
- Ben Wilson: Where did I put my keys?
- Aiden N.: What were your favourite MS-DOS games (eg. Commander Keen, Skyroads, etc.)?
- Dan Dart: How long are your beards? How many ducks do you own personally? What is your favourite computer program? What is your favourite toy / sport / foodstuff / beer / place / celebrity? Precisely, to the nearest nanometre, how long is the average piece of string?
- Gene Ryan: What forms of transportation do you use and what brand are they? Fab, what country would you emigrate to? How do I get this fucking squirrel off my face? Why doesn’t this hatch allow the F-word? Is there a a city in the US that you might want to visit?
- The catholic saint Dan was talking about was Anthony of Padua
- Video game references: Dungeon Keeper, Day of the Tentacle, Lemmings, Elite, Privateer 2: The Darkening, Prince of Persia
- Dan talked about some aspects of the parliamentary expenses scandal in the UK
- Dan recommended Spotify which is evil and the free version doesn’t work in Germany
- Fab mentioned the movie Sharkwater
- We also talked shortly about Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease
- Mentioned beers: Guinness, König Pilsener, Radeberger, Ottakringer Blech — Don’t drink and drive!
- The actress Fab mentioned was Stacy Haiduk
- This episode was recorded in a Renault Laguna, Fab also loves his Twingo
The theme music for this podcast is a song called “Sudo Modprobe”, it was written by Fab and produced and performed by Dan and Fab. The artwork for the album cover and the site including the Outlaw Tux was created by Fab. All material in this podcast is released under the Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0 license, except the music at the end of the show which is always licensed under the Creative Commons or Public Domain license specified by the artist under the provided link.